Wednesday, December 18, 2013

OH BABY: REGISTRY PICKS - SLEEPY TIME

The nursery is getting so close to being done! During our holiday break, Jon and I are planning to make a little trip to IKEA to purchase a few final things for the nursery. I can't wait to see everything come together and to give Soren a beautiful room to grow up in.

Since sleeping is SUCH an important part of baby's life (and mom and dad's life!) I really wanted to find things that Soren would be super comfortable in and would be easy for us to use. I'm so excited about these picks, I have loved them so far and I look forward to seeing what Soren thinks of them when he makes his appearance. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1// Crib - I did a lot of research on what crib we wanted. I really wanted something with a clean, sleek look. We also wanted something that would last well for other babies! We found this Babyletto Hudson crib and just fell in love. It's a 3-in-1 convertible crib so it's great for newborns and toddlers. I love pieces that can grow with the baby and don't have to be replaced right away. Also, it comes with a toddler rail so you can turn this little cutie into a tiny toddler bed. After we built the crib I loved how sturdy it felt. It's also so beautiful in person! 

2// Monitor - Jon and I were very back and forth about whether we should go with just an audio monitor or a audio/video monitor. We ended up getting the Summer Infant video monitor for a shower and after playing around with it, really loved it! The picture quality is great. It has "night vision" so you can easily see baby when it's dark in the room. The sound also sounds great too! I know this will help make me feel a little more comforted being a new mommy. :) 

3// Swaddle Blankets - I heard so many good things about the Aden + Anais swaddle blankets, so we were sure to put these on our registry list. The muslin material is supposed to make it easier to give your baby a good, tight swaddle and stay put nicely throughout the night. 

4// Swing - Besides being an incredible company with amazing baby products, I love the quality of their baby goods. This is one of the first things we received for Soren and we immediately loved it. It will be a great swing to keep with us downstairs so Soren can snooze while I work. The mamaRoo comes with several great swing settings, natural sounds to calm baby, an adjustable base so baby can sit upright or lay back and snooze, and a place to hook up your smart phone to play music. You can also purchase a newborn insert so that new baby can be cozy and supported. Jon and I kept asking ourselves why there wasn't an adult version of this swing...

5// Sound Machine - This adorable giraffe sound machine is amazing. One of my best friends got this for Soren and I love how soft it is! The sounds are so calming and nice, I also love the fact that it has a velcro strap on the back so it can be secured to a crib, stroller, or car seat easily. I also has a sound timer on it which is perfect for lulling baby to sleep. 

6// Playard/Bassinet - Just had to include another item from 4moms. We have loved the breeze. Not only is it perfect for traveling (SO easy to break down and set-up), but it also comes with a bassinet insert that we can use in our room for baby to sleep in. Very multi-functional and easy on the eyes. ;) 

7// Mattress - We purchased this mattress simply for the ratings. While I haven't slept on it myself...it does feel great! We were also sold on the fact that it's hypoallergenic and waterproof. Hooray! 

8// Crib Sheet - We just wanted a simple looking crib sheet that would go nicely with our theme. There are a lot of crazy crib sheet patterns out there so I was super excited to find that Land of Nod had a great selection of designs that were simple and pleasant. :) 

Do you have any favorite "sleepy time" baby suggestions?! Would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment