Friday, May 03, 2013

WELCOME TO THE NEW MAIEDAE BLOG!

I am SO excited to finally launch the new Maiedae blog design! This design has been in the works for a couple of weeks now and has been on my "to-do" list for months! I feel like it's a great direction for the space and that it really reflects the fresh clean look I love, with beautiful light colors and little bits of extra design elements here and there.

Jenny was a HUGE help in this process and I'm so thankful to have her here to help with design suggestions, coding some of the major elements (she is becoming quite the coding queen), and spending hours to help me get it ready for launch time!


You might notice some new things and some familiar things on this space. Here's a little breakdown of what's new and tips on getting around the blog.

* The post series section is a familiar area, I've added in a new and upcoming series, as well. You can be on the lookout for a couple additional series popping up throughout the next 2 months. ;)

* One of the biggest changes for this new design is how I feature sponsors! My sponsor program now has two size options. You can either purchase a regular size ad space or a large solo feature ad space that lives beneath the post series section. The regular ad space is only open for 10 spots at a time and the solo feature space is open to one spot each month. You can find out more about my new sponsor program on my advertisement page here.

* Also on the left side of my blog you will find a series of links that takes you to other Maiedae goodness around the internet. You can easily visit our main website, check out the Maiedae Mixer, see our graphic design services AND go to Jenny's blog!

* The archive and popular posts pages are still under construction but will be live soon! Here you will be able to navigate through all of my old posts on the archive page and see a curation of some of the best posts on the popular posts page. Check back soon to see those pages up and running!

I've still got a few more tweaks to make here and there. Please let me know if you see any major issues as you're looking around! Thanks so much for being such amazing readers and loving on Maiedae as much as you do. I hope all of you have a fantastical weekend!

EDIT: Hello, friends! Some of you were having issues viewing the right-side button features, especially if you had smaller screen sizes. I've decided to take down this feature for the time being and add in those feature to the left-hand column. Thank you all SO much for the help feedback and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment