Friday, December 21, 2012

THREADS


I'm so excited I finally got a haircut! My curls get really weighed down if I wait too long in-between cuts, so the couple inches off the bottom really made them come back to life. Having naturally curly hair can make it hard to get a "styled" looking cut which is why I love adding in a little asymmetry. I've had a couple requests to share come curly girl hair care tips and red dye advice. I definitely have those posts on my queue for 2013 so if you have any specific "hair" related questions please feel free to leave them in the comment section below and I'll be sure to answer them in an upcoming post!

My Outfit: .01// Leather Jacket - Forever21 .02// Think Mink Dress by Darling UK - c / o ever+mi.crush .03// Gold Belt - Target .04// Shiny Leggings - Express .05// Grey Socks - Target .06// Black Booties - c / o Blowfish Shoes .07// Surya Necklace - Palomarie .08// Mini Bullet Necklace - Handmade


Get the Look: 1// Think Mink Dress - ever+mi.crush 2// Leather Jacket - Chicnova 3// Grey Socks - YouHeShe  4// Surya Necklace - Palomarie 5// Bullet Necklace - Swell 6// Wedge - Kohls 7// Glitter Belt - Wonder 8// Leather Leggings - Topshop

Jon and I are spending the weekend with friends! We have plans to eat out, watch Christmas movies AND I made my very first batch of french macarons! I'm waiting for them to cool so I can put them together, but so far so good! I'll have a share a couple pictures. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)


17 comments:

  1. i feel ya! i'm getting a haircut next week and i'm really excited! it is really hard to find an interesting haircut for curly hair, i always seem to just get layers. loving your haircut!
    i'd definitely want to know what products you like/have tried/didn't like. all of my fave products have changed formulas and they aren't as great, so i'm on the hunt for some new faves.
    love the outfit btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair cut looks so great! I've been wanting to cut my hair also but I've been lazy about doing it, haha. I love the clothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, your hair is so cute. Would love to hear your pointers for curly hair! Mine looks similar to yours (minus the fiery redness, mine's a bit more muted, haha). And your outfit is perfect for Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have naturally curly hair as well. I was wondering do you have a hair product you love to control frizz? I hate to use gels as they make my curls "crunchy" but my John Frieda frizz control creme doesn't last long and about an hour after I use it my hair is back to frizz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love the asymmetry of your hair! You are lovely. Can't wait to hear how the macarons turned out!

    xxoo Elanor

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so lovely!

    Valentina
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is my absolute favorite!! I keep my hair red, what dye do you use? I can't ever seem to get mine to be QUITE that vibrant. It's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that dress! And your hair looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see a tutorial of how you style your hair! I have curly hair as well and my current routine just isn't doing it for me. What products and techniques do you use to style your hair? Your hair is so gorgeous, I love the color and the curls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit, and your hair looks amazing (a tiny bit jealous here i have to admit) !
    have a lovely christmas, and enjoy your macarons ;)

    http://firstmorninglight.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What brand/color hair dye do you use? you have about the same natural coloring as I do, and I really want to dye my hair a similar red as yours. Thanks! =}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit and I love your haircut! You look gorgeous as always.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness, I am SO happy I just stumbled upon your blog. I can't stop looking through it! You are SO gorgeous and so is every little detail on your blog! Following along & can't wait to read more. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how your hair pops against the outfit!

    Sarah

    www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow,your outfit looks really cool,like it!
    But most of all I like your red hair!It looks perfect with your ivory complexion!A few years ago I dyed my hair almost in the same color as yours and nobody liked it,except of me :)
    And now you are making me wanting red hair again!:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete