Wednesday, December 12, 2012

PROJECT CONDO: A BEAUTIFUL MESS FEATURE

Today I have two exciting things to announce. The first is that our dining room is finally finished!! If you've been following along with my project condo series, you've seen my planning process, inspiration boards, progress peeks, and now, after six months, it's complete! Jon and I made it a goal to finish our dining room on December 1st so we could host a fancy holiday diner party. Shortly after, I took some final photos and have been waiting to show you, because my finished dining room is being featured on A Beautiful Mess today! Hop on over to Elsie and Emma's blog to take a look at my finished space!

It's hard to believe that we started off with absolutely no furniture and a red room! I have to say that this process really took a lot of patience and time. It was difficult to merge my taste with Jon's in a functional way that we both really liked. I definitely spent a lot of time looking at the room; adding in new pieces, taking a step back..questioning my choices. Jenny helped me a TON, I'm so thankful for her advice, frame hanging skills, and that she helped me take all of these pieces and execute them to create a finished space.

I'm so happy to have a place that fits our family and a space we can use for hosting and throwing get-togethers. Just for fun, here is a before and after shot from where we started in July and where we are now:

I'll be posting more details later on where I've got everything and my final notes on the entire process. I'm also excited to start the decorating for our next room! After some thoughts and planning we decided to take on the living room as our next project. We already have a couch we're way in love with...now we just need to build the space around it...and that's as far as I've gotten. Let the inspiration-board building begin! I'll be posting some before photos of our living room in January once the Christmas tree is down. ;) Be back later with a final 12 Days of Christmas Cheer post!


21 comments:

  1. Looks really, really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12.12.12

    looks amazing! I love how bright it is with the darker wood accents! I would love a room like this!
    http://photosbylmb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12.12.12

    This is so cool! Its rare to see a room where dark wood looks really fresh. We had tons of it in our house when we moved in and ended up stripping most of it out because we just couldnt get the rooms bright enough.

    I love how you've updated the lights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the antlers on the table, and the mix of chairs instead of all matching! Gorgeous.

    http://www.pirateandlilac.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12.12.12

    Is that a Warhol print? One of the cats in the '25 Cats Named Sam and One Blue Pussy' series?
    Ugh. Either way, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS an Andy Warhol! I got it from Art.com: http://www.art.com/products/p9508644135-sa-i883094/andy-warhol-green-cat-c-1956.htm?sorig=cat&sorigid=0&dimvals=0&ui=64b720f3cfec46a5a633fecc4817eec4&searchstring=green+cat&ssk=green+cat&sby=all

      :)

      Delete
  6. So awesome that you were featured on ABM! I love Elsie + Emmas blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your feature looks absolutely lovely. Happy to see you on ABM!

    Kinsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh, I love this! Perfect style inspiration:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!

    Valentina
    [ music: http://www.facebook.com/v.duracinsky ]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12.12.12

    Your decorating style is impeccable. I think I'm in love with your house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! Found you via A Beautiful Mess... My eyes brightened up when I read the words, "...to create a space that would be kitty friendly."

    And at that moment, I knew I would like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! the dining area is so important in a home, especially when you love to feed the ones you love. :) when my fiance´ and i moved in together, rather than getting rid of one of our couches, we used one at the edge of the dining area that leads into the kitchen. we call it our "visiting couch". guests sit and relax and chat with me while i cook.

    i love that you changed the color of the wall. it was nice before, but feels so much more welcoming with the color you chose. really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I saw your room on A Beautiful Mess and love your style! Where did you find the "Yes M'am" print? I love it!! Thanks, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from this way talented girl: http://jordangrace.com/

      Delete
  14. This looks amazing! Everything works so nicely together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love home tours, and especially before/after photos! You have such a beautiful blog, and your feature on ABM is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow I need to really start decorating lol your place looks amazing good job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely! What paint color did you use on your walls?

    ReplyDelete
  18. way to go! your home looks beautiful! so proud of you and all the work you have done! i am working on an art wall like you because i love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw your home tour on ABM and am head over heels completely madly in love with your wall art! I see you posted where you got the Warhol and the "yes m'am" prints. Do you remember where you got the Renegade craft fair and the teepee art?

    ReplyDelete