Sunday, December 02, 2012

CHEER: MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIES + MUSIC

Photo Via

One of my favorite things to do during Christmas is cozy up with my husband and watch Christmas movies, or eat dinner over the tunes of my favorite Christmas songs. For me, there's nothing quite like a classic movie or song to put me in the Christmas spirit. This year, while Jon and I decorated our Christmas tree, we put on our all time favorite holiday movie, Scrooged, with Bill Murray. I cannot express to you how hilarious I find this movie. I love it! Jon and I love showing this movie to friends who've never seen it before. We've been able to convince a couple people that it's their new favorite Christmas movie too. ;)

And for the first time today, I watched Christmas Vacation. I'm ashamed to say I've never seen it before! How did this happen? It was hilarious and Chevy Chase is insane! It's so funny to watch him in Community and then see him in Christmas Vacation. :) For today's 12 Days of Christmas Cheer, we decided to share our favorite Christmas movies and songs. :) Later today, checkout Jenny's blog to see her choices!




Favorite Christmas movies: 1// The Santa Clause 2// Elf 3// Scrooged 4// The Grinch 5// Home Alone Favorite Christmas Songs: 1// "Pennies from Heaven" - Louis Prima 2// "White Christmas" - Bing Crosby 3// "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Frank Sinatra 4// "Santa Baby" - Marilyn Monroe 5// "Carol of the Bells" - Trans-Siberian Orchestra


What are your favorite Christmas movies and songs?? Please share in the comments below! And don't forget to follow along with our Christmas Cheer series on our Facebook page!


9 comments:

  1. Seems like there are still some Christmas movies left for me to see!

    My favorite is definitely Elf. I watch it every year:)

    I'm so excited for Christmas! Though I'm not much of a winter person, I still enjoy December a lot because of the holidays. I can hardly believe it's here already though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bring Cosby's white Xmas...I never heard Marilyn Monroe's version of Santa's Baby, but I like!

    thanks for sharing!

    Rekita
    LovelyArmyWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas vacation is a great movie haha so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa Baby x Marilyn Monroe. Thanks! The version is Cynthia Basinet. Visit Cynthia on: http://www.amazon.com/Cynthia-Basinet/e/B001LHZU1A … … "Hurry tonite"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2.12.12

    Every Christmas song by Harry Connick Jr is magical! And The Santa Claus...definitely my favorite too! Along with A Christmas Story, of course<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Elf. I've already watched it twice and it's only the first week of December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's overly ridiculous, but check out Family Force Five's Christmas Pageant album for insane dance versions of Christmas songs! It definitely gets me in the Christmas mood! And the Chanukah Song-part two by Adam Sandler is a classic from my childhood! And I always have to watch Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone around Christmas for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen Scrooged. But if Bill Murray is in it, I know it's funny! Maybe it'll come on TV so I can check it out. I love Elf though, and It's A Wonderful Life(that may be a cliche answer, but I still love it), and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your picks! The Santa Clause is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete