"This is your wake-up call; pick up, Gorgeous!"
A huge part of my wellness journey is to educate myself. I wanted to read and study what was truly good for me, what my body could do without, and what my body needs to run at the "best me"! After sending out a tweet for some book suggestions, someone recommended I try reading Kris Carr's, Crazy Sexy Diet. After checking out some of the reviews of the book, it looked like a good fit for what I was leaning towards, so I purchased it.
1. Kris presents the Crazy Sexy Diet as a lifestyle. It isn't about fad dieting to get from point A to point B and it isn't about loosing weight. It's about being healthy and full of all of the goodness you need!
2. The book is very educational. She has a lot of professionals speak into different areas of the book and explain why things are good and NOT good for your body in detail. There are a lot of charts, breakdowns, and Crazy Sexy Tips throughout.
3. This book doesn't push you to being vegan or vegetarian if that's not what your goal is. It encourages a healthy lifestyle and gives you tips on how to be a healthy vegan or vegetarian if you choose to do so. She lays out all of the facts and equips you to figure out what's best for you and your family.
4. Another thing I really like about CSD is that it's mainly focused on food health but at the end of the book Kris gets into a lot of self care and love yourself tips as a huge part of the CSD, which is so good! Sometimes we get caught up with eating healthy or exercising and forget to climb into a warm bath with candles and just relax. I love all of her suggestions.
5. Bonus! In the back of the book there are lots of recipes as well as a 21-day adventure cleanse to kick off your CSD lifestyle. It's a great resource. Matter of fact, Kris is coming out with a new book called Crazy Sexy Kitchen that is filled to the brim with healthy recipes. I pre-orded mine last week and you can get yours here!
“Picture yourself when you were five. in fact, dig out a photo of little you at that time and tape it to your mirror. How would you treat her, love her, feed her? How would you nurture her if you were the mother of little you? I bet you would protect her fiercely while giving her space to spread her itty-bitty wings. She’d get naps, healthy food, imagination time, and adventures into the wild. If playground bullies hurt her feelings, you’d hug her tears away and give her perspective. When tantrums or meltdowns turned her into a poltergeist, you’d demand a loving time-out in the naughty chair. From this day forward I want you to extend that same compassion to your adult self.” - Kris Carr
This month, I did A LOT of traveling for work. I spent most of my time on the plane reading and was able to finish CSD. I can't recommend it enough. I spent a lot of time in my life breaking promises to myself. Eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, not exercising, not even really spending much time on self care. I was making and breaking promises and loosing trust in my own words. At this point in my life I'm realizing more and more that me and my "inner nag" are the only things holding me back from keeping my promises. While I'm still learning and only 6 months into this journey, I'm realizing how important it is to value and love myself by taking good care of me so I can be the best ME. I want to live fully so I can pursue my passions, love on my family and friends and be here and present for my life.
If you want to check out more of Kris' awesome resources, click here to visit her newly launched site! She has more information about her books, and things like cooking classes, recipes, inspirational articles, a downloadable book on juicing and smoothies, plus other great resources.
Because I love this book so much and what it has taught me, I want to give away a copy to you! I totally wish I could pull an Oprah here and give all of you amazing readers a copy. "You get a book and YOU get a book!!"...but at this point in my crazy sexy life, I can't. ;) So if you would like to win a copy of Kris' book, Crazy Sexy Diet just follow the instructions below. One winner will be selected at random and announced within a week. Giveaway is open internationally.
To enter: Comment letting me know why you want to read Crazy Sexy Diet OR share an awesome wellness resource. Don't forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win!
Thank you, guys! I love sharing this kind of stuff with you. I wish you all the very best in your wellness journey and a fabulous weekend! :)
WINNER ANNOUNCED: Congrats to #19, Blue Eyed Night Owl! You've won a copy of Crazy Sexy Diet! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your shipping information and we'll get you set up for your Crazy Sexy Life!! :) AND a giant thank you to everyone who entered. I loved reading your stories. I wish I could give all of you a copy of the book! But I so, so encourage you to add it to your Christmas list this year. You won't regret it. :)