Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SNAPSHOTS: CLOTHING SWAP PARTY

Last night, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a girls' night//clothing swap party with Emily at her beautiful place in west Atlanta. We invited a handful of lovely ladies to attend and bring clothes for the swap! We started off the party right with pizza, wine, veggies, and chips n' salsa. We categorized all of the clothing in the living room and, as people started showing up, we had them lay out their clothing in each category.

We all had time to peek through the clothing before the swap began, so we could mentally pick out our favorites. ;) We did a couple rounds of drawing names at random and letting ladies pick one item at a time. After we went through each category, we did a "free for all" and let everyone go through and pick favorites from the left-overs. We had about 12ish girls attend and each of us walked away with a handful of new items to add to our closets! Today, I'm totally rocking a white tee and long skirt I scored at the party. ;)

It was such a sweet time with friends and new friends. You just can't beat a good girls' night!


And, of course, we wrapped up the night with some strawberry shortcake, mounds of whipped cream, and The Bachelorette premiere. ;) Community is oh so good for the soul. 


7 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like so much fun! Someone needs to throw one of of those here in the Bay Area *stat.*


    -- Kayla ☆ http://www.kaylanaut.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. N'aww, it looks like you had a great time! I've always wanted to do a clothes swap party - hopefully some time in the future I will! ♥

    Sarah ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! I just finished my first year of college, so all of my friends and I are sort of separating as far as living arrangements go for next year and I've been trying to think of ways to bring us all together throughout the year. After seeing your post, I think I might try monthly clothing swap parties! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Brittany ♥ sincerely-brittany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fuuuun!

    Georgia
    http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to host the same type of swap with my friends back East! Sometimes it would get pretty intense if there was an especially 'hot item'
    Miss my girls from back home now that I'm in Cali...your story reminds me of all those great times :)
    Oh, and of course, there was wine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll host one of these!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous17.5.12

    This sounds like the perfect girl's night in :b

    ReplyDelete