Saturday, November 05, 2011

Records & Bakeries

Day two in Seattle was chilly, but we were able to explore some great areas. We started the morning off with a yummy breakfast from Wild Wheat Cafe in Kent. Afterward, we drove to Pike's Place Market to walk around, see the shops, and take in the atmosphere. I loved seeing all of the local hand makers, artists, and farmers. :) We also made sure to stop at the original Starbucks, snap a few photos, and grab a cup of coffee.


After exploring the markets in Seattle, we made our way West. Our first stop was Easy Street Records. I think we spent over an hour there, just pouring through new and used records. I left with a small loot of some great oldies. I can't wait to play them on my record player at home with Jon!

Afterward, we went to Cafe Nouveau to visit Anica's cousin and eat a late lunch. I tried French Macaroons for the first time in my life and I have to say I was skeptical at first, but pleasantly surprised by their crunchy, chewy, creamy goodness. Since I liked the first one so much, I couldn't help but buy a couple more for the road. ;)

Finally, we concluded our day with a walk on Alki beach and a couple of rented movies from RedBox. 


Today will be another busy day! We are about to leave to catch a ferry, so I'll update you with more pictures later. :) Happy weekend!!

PS - You can follow me via Instagram here to get more photo updates throughout the day! 

9 comments:

  1. that picture is so cute. lol.

    love,rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer to shop and markets, I don't have a car PLUS I live in Ellenwood (super dead).

    When I want to do something cool I get dropped at my sister's!!

    But, happy to see you had a fun productive day in-spite of the weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5.11.11

    I so want to go to Seattle and Portland as well! I would die if I went to a record store like the one pictured!
    ox Sarai
    lovedovesnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you're having fun here! While you're in town you've gotta go to Ballard Locks to see the boats and then across the street is Red Mill Burger...best EVER! xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pics are so cute. i really like the vintage feel!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice and relaxing day you had! If only I can skip school and have fun like that too... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Seattle. I miss Pike's Place and looking over Pugnet Sound.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photos! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I used to live in Kent! We are traveling to Seattle from the east coast for Christmas. These pictures get me excited for our trip :)

    ReplyDelete