Friday, November 04, 2011

Hello Again, Seattle

Early yesterday morning, I flew from my home in Atlanta, GA, to visit one of my very best friends, Anica, who's currently living in Washington.

I lived near Seattle from the age of 1-8, and on my 8th birthday, we moved to Georgia. I've never really had an attachment to my childhood...so flying in yesterday, I was overcome with nostalgia. I just have little memories of seeing the skyline and the city...it's more beautiful than I remember. :) At some point this weekend I plan to find the first two homes I really have memories in. I can't even imagine what that will feel like, after 15 years.

I came in around noon and Anica took me to a little diner for lunch. We spent time exploring the shops in the U-District. There was this way adorable shop called RedLight that had vintage clothing separated out by decade! We also poked around in Buffalo Exchange, Goodwill, Urban, and American Apparel. We mostly "window shopped", but I picked up a couple little things. :) And of course, we grabbed some Starbucks.

Here are a couple pictures from yesterday:


Today, we are going to Pike's Place and West Seattle. :) More pictures coming soon! If you've been to Seattle, what was your favorite thing to do//place to visit??

8 comments:

  1. hi! I live in Seattle and I think you would LOVE the Sunday markets in Fremont and Ballard. The two neighborhoods are next to each other and have a year-long market.
    Fremont's market is all hand-crafted and vintage goods while Ballard's market is a true farmer's market. I suggest doing both!! Also, Ballard is home to amazing cute boutiques and restaurants. It's a very cute little 'hood. Check out the Ballard locks too, where ships come in from Puget Sound to Lake Washington.

    have so much fun in my favorite city!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Seattle! It looks like such a beautiful city(: Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pike's Place is totally awesome....give yourself enough time to really soak in the mania that happens there. Also, Seattle has some really great Farmer's Markets and some of the best vegan donuts ever at Mighty-O Donuts. Move over Voodoo, Seattle has Portland beat on these bad boys!

    Have fun!
    xoh
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. My home!
    Pike Place is one of my favorite places to go in all the world...of the world I have seen. Which is actually a good amount. Now I live in Switzerland and I sure miss amazing Seattle.
    I am glad you could go back and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live about 2 hours north of Seattle, in Bellingham. I will hopefully be moving to Seattle within the next year or so :].

    RedLight is such an awesome store! I rarely leave with anything that I wear in my day to day life, but I love go and try fun things on!

    If you're in the mood for something sweet, Cupcake Royale would be a good stop! If you're around Pike Place, visiting the original Starbucks is kinda neat. Also, especially because it's not raining, just take some time to sit by the water. So calming and beautiful! Have fun! :]

    -amanda k.
    amandakbythebay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love the last skyline shot! i've only visited seattle once, but i LOVED it. and i agree with amanda k. - visiting the original starbucks on pike place is pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love living Seattle, best place in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5.11.11

    I actually live just 2 hours north of Seattle in Vancouver, Canada and have only really visited there twice when I was younger. I really want to take a day or 2 trip there! It seems worth it for sure!

    ReplyDelete